Saturday, February 03, 2007

Example of a non-compliant patient.

Oh uh...dentist going to scold me AGAIN.

Poor doc, she is wonderfull dentist but has been trying to get me to wear the elastic bands for my braces for the past dunno how many months ready. Its not that i purposely dont want to to wear wan, its just.... its just...just very easy to forget la.

Our standard conversation for the past 5 check ups:

Doctor: " Denise ah, i told you ady ah..must wear your elastics deligently wan. See, the gap from 3mm become 4 mm already, how to continue if the gap still so big? (err... ignore this last part if you dont have braces or dont understand dentist-talk)"

Denise: *muffled noises with all the orthodontic equipment still in her mouth*

Doctor: Ahh...you come back in 1months time, and i this time i will have a special method of checking if you wore the elastics ah. So you better wear them k?

Denise: *nodnodnodnod*

Oh uh... so once again,my 1 month is up ady.

*GASP* i just had a scary revelation: what if i end up wearing braces for the rest of my life?! *GASP*

ps: next time you catch me eating or talking witout my elastics please knock me on the head (HARD) and hand me a picture of a 60year old grandmother still with her braces? You would be doing me and my future husband a great favour, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe,scare nobody wants ar??:P

Anonymous said...

during my time of orthodontic-therapy, i hardly wear the band thingy. i juz wore it 2 days b4 the appointmt.

hehe~ >.< but of course, maybe ur teeth alignment is worst than mine.

a lil advice??
quit eating too crunchy a snack.