Saturday, October 09, 2010

Stepping out of stupidity

I was wrong.

I was wrong about everything I thought this world to be and its people in it.
I was wrong to overvalue that which is obviously no worth to others.
Why cradle shards of waste in your palm only to have them flung to the ground?
I was so so wrong and for that I only have myself to blame.

What are we doing?
If only to claw and spit to get to the top... If only to look out for one... If only to turn each against the other... If only to hoard the goods...
What are we doing?

Is a nights rest enough to put our souls at rest?
It seems so. With each day we trade our humanity for an extra hour of sleep or comfort or that extra sense of superiority.

I don't know what I am doing, or why I am so flawed.
Lord if You couldn't make me perfect, why couldn't You just make me blind?

1 comment:

Jeremy Nunis said...

watsup girl..? something got u down?