Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream

There was a time when men were kind,
When their voices were soft,
And their words inviting.
There was a time when love was blind,
And the world was a song,
And the song was exciting.
There was a time when it all went wrong...
I dreamed a dream in days gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.
But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.
He slept a summer by my side,
He filled my days with endless wonder...
He took my childhood in his stride,
But he was gone when autumn came!
And still I dream he'll come to me,
That we will live the years together,
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather!
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...
~Les Miserables~
YOU'VE GOT TO GO TO THIS LINK:
Britains Got Talent (made me tear!)
Somehow I'm not allowed to embed it.
Dont want to give too much away by talking about it, just go watch it!
I must must must watch this musical before I die
Which got me thinking...
What is the one thing you've got to do before you die?
Hmmm...
edit: aiyoyo what is wrong with my blogger account! I cant space the paragraphs!
P/s: hope you already clicked and view the link before you scrolled down here cos :
I liked her voice singing it even more than the original Elaine Paige, its now on repeat on my ipod! woot woot!

4 comments:

P's said...

i teared too when they first showed this in church!

misssuyin said...

Showed in church?!

I feel the lyrics were so apt for the situation. Dreaming a dream, having the dream die, her wanting to sing, audiences making stupid faces...

this lesson came at a very good timing =)

P's said...

yea....it was shown a couple of weeks back

the pastor was highlighting something abt don;t judge a book by its cover. and i admit i tot she was like a william hung and how i was wrong...

and yea...presentations sarks..lol

denise said...

sarks sarks sarks sarks sarks

sarks fin soup!