Monday, May 11, 2009

Another whatshallmecallit

Exams are over and done with!
I freeeEEEeeee!

One of the questions during the obstetrics paper that was of much discussion:

A primigravida (meanning she has only 1 child), with a heart condition and has to be on lifelong warfarin therapy. What would be the best form of contraception for her?

A. Oral contraceptive pills (cannot, cos the hormones will mess with her heart condition)

B. Implants (i assume it was Implanon, a method of implanting a small rod beneath the dermis which releases sustained amounts of progesterone for 3 months. I think cannot la cos first of all the procedure might cause bleeding)

C. Coitus Interruptus and rhythm method ( I was going to choose this already, but common being practical here we all KNOW the human kind and its inability to take simple instructions what more control nafsu yang overflowth in the spur of the moment right)

D. Intrauterine device ( cannot, risk of bleeding, infection)

E. Vasectomy ( sounded very ganas at first, for one, the heart condition is in the wife but the innocent by stander husband yang kena kidnapped blindfolded and *snip snip* ikat. Someone was commenting "What if the marriage doenst work out, and he decides to re-marry? Then he cant have children with the other wife!" haha well, at least this procedure would encourage some degree of marital loyalty lor...secondly the family only has 1 child i assume most families would like more than 1 child, what more if (god forbid )that one child was a GIRL, THIS i added in sarcasm if you didn't already realise, because of a recent encounter i had, more explanation to follow. However, in the end I chose this answer because i felt it was very dangerous for her to be pregnant, but mainly because I didn't know which other choice to choose la actually.)

Well DING DING DING DING the answer the lecturer gave was indeed vasectomy. Ya so dont come to my gynae clinic k, your husbands wont like me cos im busy ordering people to be *snip snip tied.


Talking about the only 1 girl issue, I come from an estrogen dominating home. I'm female, my two and only siblings are females and my mother well obviously if female, my dad is surviving and thriving on his little androgen island. The point is, my parents have 3 daughters, a simple fact. Sometimes it surprises the people i meet but usually they will just make a "charlie's angels joke" or a " girls are easier to look after" (which i know is NOT true but well they are just trying to be nice so its ok), but yet again SOME people just find the phenomena of 3 daughters downright impossible and take it upon themselves to let me know how my parents have offended the natural order of the world.

XX : This is my ******'s daughters: Lesley and Denise
Pro-XY : OHH right.. So he has 2 daughters and 2 sons?
XX : Haha no lar, he has 3 daughters the other sister at home she is in form2.
Pro-XY : OHH so he has 3 daughters and 1 son?
XX : Errr no lar, they have 3 children only.
Pro-XY : OHH 3 girls only ah? no boys? eh..how come ah? *looks at me with big questioning eyes like i owed her some great explanation*

Sorry la aunty, you see ah when I was a swimming fetus in my mother's womb, i decorated it with so much Disney Princess pictures and furniture the uterus became virtually inhabitable to the male species, somehow it is scientifically proven that everytime a male fetus even LOOKS at one of the disney princess pictures i hung up on the uterus wall, he will (god forbid) DIE OHH! how OHH??

And the plot further thickened when they found out my sister was studying dentistry and me medicine in IMU.

BUT before I get carried away, I'm supposed to be on holiday remember?
Gotta perform my rightful holiday duties starting with SLEEP!
Sorry aunty, will make fun of your other untasteful comments (which were numerous) another time when I'm more pissed off, sleep deprived and hungry.

7 comments:

crz said...

F. Abstinence

Jeremy Nunis said...

Super-armoured Chastity Belt

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

denise u got it right! omg man u rawk. love ur explanation for C.

denise said...

Crz, itukah jawapan muktamat anda? ok lock in the answer, we will revisit this post in 10 years time and see how good your family planning turned out to be ya?

Jem, that better be a SUPER-DUPER-UBER armoured belt!

Mike, so for your own safety better not send your wife to my gynae clinic next time ya

fire said...

nice post.. i cant believe u chose vasectomy! sakai betul..

denise said...

haha thanks =p

Choo?
Hmmm which particular Choo clan would you be from, Choo? Cos I know a few Choo's am trying to figure out which Choo you are if you dont mind =p