Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hullo isse me again!

In fear of people threatening to erase me from their links, imma gonna tell you a little bit about my life here so far.

I've been in seremban genap 3minggu now, if you had a fever since i first moved here till now, it is enough for us to suspect that you are having fever as presentation of AIDS (dont panic la, i think only, should check before i start a scare).

In 3 weeks, we have been able to convert our house into relatively livable conditions =)
Proof:
- we got a nice tiled table with a stove
- we have a fridge which we use to store FRUITS, and BISCUIT, and BREAD (all very domesticated things i didnt have in vista)
- Phing-Phing cooked TWICE, of which i was privileged enough to drink home cooked chicken sup!
- My housemates are neat freaks, we have compromised to sweep and mop the floor once a week taking
turns, but of we are creatures with free will so they are allowed to sweep and mop their rooms till their hearts
content. And their hearts contentment doesnt come in singular numbers.
- I'm finally listening to Lesley's advice to handwash some of my clothes. Too broke to keep buying white shirts i conveniently ruin in the washing machine.

Contradictions:
- we dont have gas for our beautiful table and stove.
- I usually forget to eat the bread and biscuits, brought home to subang 3 over ripped pears last week.
- I havent had inspiration to live up to my 'domestic goddess' title YET. i predict more Martha moments come November when im posted to family med.
-my room is like a nuclear war shelter, once i enter, NO RECEPTION on my phone. So i make calls from my front porch in the middle of the night while towelling my hair dry with cetak rompak hello kittie towel, all the while taking in the refreshing scent of the neighbour's dog. =((
-we havent got our Internet =(( =(( =(( =(( =((

Conclusion: I am well fed, but remain unconnected to the outside world. I miss it, i sure hope it misses me.

Next post will be about the academics here alright, promise.

ps: oh NO in the half an hour typing and spacing this post out, i forgot i have a mini exam on monday!!! I have no clue how to start preparing for it. Yesh, they are giving us mini exams already, how efficient kan? On monday my mentor Dato' Kew is going to watch me take history from a patient, oh let my brain be present with me on that day! Amen.

No comments: