Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sh-sh-shopping!

We went to Midvalley yesterday and finally visited The Gardens.
Whole trip can be summarised in 3 lessons learnt.

1. It is no surprise that shopping complexes/hotels are competing with each other, its always been that way and always will be. But it seems that there is a new way of telling the other Big Brothers how posh your new Crib is: a complexed toilet. While strutting past the fancy shops in my guni sac pants, t-shirt, and fake rm15 asadi-crocs, i felt my tummy msn-nudging me real hard from the inside. Since the sisters where browsing through some expensive art stuff they would never buy, i excused myself to go find the little ladies room. The journey to find it was pretty lesson-worthy by itself but i will not elaborate for fear of making a fool of myself. Enough to say i found the place, i walked in, past the dizzying mirrors and straight to the Great White Throne *majestic music*. It was comfy inside, enough to make me sms the sisters (with me still on my throne) telling them how nice the toilet was and to pick me up when they were done. But alas, the tummy nudge didn't last till 5pm and since it was only1pm then, i got off, and FLUSHED the toilet like the good rakyat contoh i was. Then came the tricky bit... Because my kindergarten teacher told me to always wash my hands before and after using the potty, well i did la, or at least i tried. I walked confidently to the fancy sink because i tell myself i've been to my share of fancy. Then i see the fancy tap, the fancy thingamajig by its side, and the fancy soap dispenser. Easy peasy! I pull the fancy thingamajig, err... *pull again*... *and again*...hmm *again la*. Ok, i gather my thoughts. Oh ya! This is a fancy toilet right, i forgot they've got those fancy auto taps that you just wriggle your hands and they start the waterworks! Genius =). I wriggle my fingers, err... *wriggle again*... *and again*... hmm *again la*. By this time the lady next to me has washed her hands and walked out of the place already, another girl takes her place. Ok, summon the great brain again. Hmm that fancy soap dispenser looks pretty high tech, like some space gadget, its got a red bulb on it... Maybe... *press red bulb*... this is embarrassing they are looking at me, i know it is a soap dispenser but its got a button *press again*. Then i lean in close enough to see the little words "automatic soap dispenser" engraved. Ok let me get this straight, so, the soap is automatic, the thingamajig doenst move, and the tap still has no water. Finally had the common sense to ask the girl next to me for help. "There like this la" *tweak thingamajig to the side*, water gushes out. My jaw nearly dropped, all this while i thot it was some super high tech thing that i could not understand but it was just a normal tap handle???? That's the canniness of these people i tell you. They call it a fancy place, so you go into the toilet thinking its supposed to be a fancy toilet rite? Wrong. They purposely make the toilet so simple, that when you go inside with all your dreams of how a fancy toilet ought to be like only to find that it is so fancifully simple, it makes you think the place is ever fancier than before! Get my point? Nevermind, maybe i was just too dizzy from pressing so many buttons.
Anyways after i got the water running, must put soap to make my hands 99.97% bacteria free. I look at the space gadget/soap dispenser. Ok this time i know how to use it already, it is automatic mah so i just move my palm under it. *wave*...no soap... *wave wave*... hey why no soap?!?! tap the gadget from the back, then some metal piece fell. nevermind ignore.. *wave wave wave* *aiya wave at the next dispenser*... cheh the first one ran out la.
Run out of the toilet.

Wah i didnt expect my first lesson to be so long winded, i quite cheong hei.
Nevermind 2nd and 3rd lesson very short only.

2. Rachel wanted to buy a milk shake from Baskin Robins. Know what she said?
"Can i go but the Ice-cream juice please?" new jargon i must keep in mind.

3. Very easy lesson, one i've been learning and trying to remember my whole life. Borders is a dangerous place to be.

ps: oh ya, realised or not my spelling has improved so much the last few posts? Its because i am finally using the spell check on blogger. Cool leh, they even have the correct spelling for "thingamajig" i thought it was "thingmajig". Of course my "lar" "mah" "wei" "hmm" and "cheong hei" still turns yellow when i check them lar. And i always knew my spelling was bad, but this time it shocked me just HOW bad =p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheheheh.. only Denise is capable of acting bimbotic... *just joking ya* :P sigh... wasted i am not there to contribute some laughter for you... see you in uni... i miss the bimbotic cheobu!!

denise said...

And i thot hwei wan hated me...

hehe selectives are going to be over soon! will see u guys again! wheeee~

all the best for your papers ya!

jenneh said...

ice cream juice? i must learn that too :P

nice blog denise!