Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So cliche i could have been dreaming

Today as I was walking pass the swimming pool, I saw this well groomed gentleman sitting by the bench. He was smiling at me and waving, at first I was a little freaked out la cos I’ve never seen such a friendly stranger before. I thought of making a run for it before he decided to change form and transform into a psyco-ah-beng, but my conscious was working full time that afternoon and reminded me to be at least civil to someone who was already making so much effort to be pleasant. So I smiled and did a small wave. At that second I caught the waft of a very strong sweet smelling perfume, followed by a flash of color as a young woman in impossibly high silver heels floated past me in her flowing floral skirt right into my psyco-ah-beng’s arms. I actually jolted with surprise. Looking at our impromptu Korean drama love triangle by the vista pool, I would have jumped into the water and disappear if I could only swim and if I didn’t have lectures in about 2minutes time.

Sometimes my life really looks like it was cut out from some comedy flick or lame advertisement.

Moral of the story : Don’t be so perasan, make sure people are actually looking at your beautiful imu dress coded body before waving back and learn how to swim.

But I realize sometimes humor like this, even when YOU are the object of humor can teach you a thing or two about yourself. Remind you not to take yourself too seriously =P
And if that was God winking at me to get a sense of humor, I definitely got the much needed hint. Am I wrong to think that the God who created beings as confusing as 20 year old female homosapiens to be one of great humor?
Haha anyways thanks, really.

Wah but still doesn’t change the fact that it was super memalukan lah, still cant get over it.
isssssssh.
My ego is bruised. For life. =P

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..that story made my day! Trying to imagine it happening...hmm...

Jeremy Nunis said...

My goodness... talk about a natural comedic actress.. =P

Ang3 said...

Denise Denise!!
u're too kind to wave back at him la.Did he see u waving back? or he just ignored u?
Adui...i can feel it!

Jens said...

ahaha... u noe what?

i kena before... and worst is that my facial expression is kinda like 'do i know you?' kinda look... and plus i put up my hand and said hi...

and it's to some aunty sumore.. so i tot i was just being polite.. haha..

she must have thought i was a gigolo of some sort...

denise said...

to matt and jem: shame on the both of you, using my misfortune as a means of entertainment! one fine day happen to you then you know haha =p

to angie: i wasnt kind ler, just too perasanted... sigh u feel my pain? =p

to jens: haha i feel your pain brother!

misz ade said...

har har..
anyway dun worry dear,i'm sure they can't remember how u look like ..they were too mesmerized by each other

Anonymous said...

i think the guy was actually waving at the lady :P

denise said...

Err...
like DUH FIONA!

im pretty sure he was... wah liao