Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Will we ever understand?

What can I say, what can I sing, what can I do
For the One

The One who held Earth in her leprosy
The One who washed Earth’s eyes when she was blind
The One who gave the limping Earth back her rhythm and dance
The One who carried Her children when nobody else would
The One who cared, the One who loved, the One who gave.

The One who gave me all I’ve ever had
The One who has my past in His hand and my future on His mind
The One who was sat with me in the corner of my shivering soul
The One who called out to me when I was beyond reach

The One who cared to know my name
The One who loved me in my brokenness
The One who gave His everything when I held on to my nothings

I say, “Jesus Christ is Lord” with my actions
And
I sing, “ I love You” with my heart

No comments: