Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lifts.

What do you think about the lifts in vista?
More specifically, the lifts in vista B1?

I always thot they were too dark, as fast as a watching paint dry, freaky, stinky and overall crappy.
The only thing worth noticing was the reflective mirror like walls they have. Not bad for any last minute checking of attire/hairdo/stained face/food stuck in teeth scenarios.

But yesterday, somebody changed my perception for me.

I was in the lift on my way up when it stopped at Ground Floor ( vistaB1 has a -2 floor by the way. strange but true). And on instinct i pulled out my keychain with the pepper-spray. Many people have told me it would be useless against an attacker cos i would either freeze with fright, or they will use the weapon against me instead. But that's besides the point here.

So i took the pepper-spray out, thinking i would protect myself from any would-be attackers.

In came an elderly indian man. He smiled, still a lil suspicious i offered a forced smile back. We had small talk about how the buttons in the lift were crappy ( for some reason, the button for my floor doesnt light up) . Was still uncormfortable and apprehensive through out the conversation. Hey, cant blame me right, with all the news we read about in the papers and the 'flasher' running loose around vista *shudder*

But i must admit, i was more than happy that my doubts were proven wrong this time round. Because before he left he said with a most sincere of smiles:

"Take good care of yourself alright, take care. And once in awhile, give yourself a treat =) "

And after going through a week of rollercoaster emotions and the stress of preparing for the upcoming exams, it was just so upLIFTING to hear such sincere words from someone i hardly knew. To know that despite the coldness we sometimes find ourselves focusing too much on, there is still so much goodness and kindness in the world, it gave me a much needed renewed feeling of hope.

Do I believe in Angels on earth? haha....
I dont know, but mayb, just mayb if we showed the people around us that we care more often, it would be heaven enough.

To that uncle... Whoever you are, i didnt even manage get your name. Thank you. Even if it was the most simple thing one human could offer to another, a SMILE. I thank you.

ps: Look out for your own Angels out there people! They are out there somewhere, just gota open your eyes and hearts =)

1 comment:

misz ade said...

dun worry..u're not paranoid..just being cautious.