Sunday, October 22, 2006

Corny-sappy-pre-teen-songs

Now, imagine with me for a minute, what would a matured 19year old say to the Disney movie "High School Musical" and to a song like this?
When There Was Me And You.
It's funny when you find yourself
Looking from the outside
I'm standing here when all I want
Is to be over there
Why did I let myself believe
Miracles could happen
Cause now i have to pretend
That i dont really care
I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when when I'm not sleeping
A wish upon a star
Thats coming true
But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truts
When there was me and you
I swore I knew the melody
That I heard you singing
And when you smiled
You made me feel
Like I could sing along
But then you went and changed the words
Now my heart is empty
I'm only left with used-to-be's
And once upon a song
Now I know your not my fairytale
And dreams are meant for sleeping
And wishes on a star
Just don't come true
Cause no even I can tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
Because I liked the view
When there was me and you
I can't believe that I could be so blind
It's like you were floating
While I was falling
And I didn't mind
Cause I liked the view
Thought you felt it too
When there was me and you
Well, they would say..... "BUH HAMBUG!"
But now imagine with me instead, what a cool-happening-super hip 19 year old would do when she see's such a movie?
Well, she would watch it 6times
1.with her sisters when it was 1st showed on disney channel 2 weeks before the semester1 exams.
2. again with her sisters for the sing-along version
3.yet again the sisters, only this time the DANCE-along version ( o_O i know,these disney fellows are really creative huh?)
4. with uni freinds at the start of raya holidays
5. with the same uni friends at the same session when they rewinded it to hear each song again
6 again with the SAME uni friends in the SAME sitting when they rewinded it yet again.
She would also memorise the lyrics and sing it at the ktm station while waiting for the train that never came, in the lift, while walking from one apartment block to another, while waiting for lunch at the pool, irritating everybody and anybody in her path.
(she would also have a larger tendency of singing out of pitch around jb kampung girls with surnames Low, just for the fun of it =p)
*prayed for you today. Was that too selfish of me?*

6 comments:

Jens said...

ooohh wow...
singing out of pitch with the cat low with u? ahaha....
been eating too much lately.. feasting non stop... neway enjoy ur hols...
u've watched high school musical 6 times? i haven't watched it once... heard it's good though...=P

Jeremy Nunis said...

Hehe.. ur not the only one who memorizes & sings :P I even know parts... hahaha

Anonymous said...

jen: havent watch? you have no childhood man, but luckily for you u have good taste buds. steamboat was great!

jemboreEe: *salute*

Ang3 said...

Wat? u all watched the SAME thing over and over again?????Dun u all feel bored?No more PIRATED CDs at home kah?So pathetic!!!haha(jk jk)

eluent said...

aye aye...
u guys have no idea what i went thru.

no train back home.
worse, a MiSS william hung wannabe *sapping the life outta me* as company.

Anonymous said...

wey william hung sold records like hot pancakes ok! and he had HOT dancers on his video summore.

cool giler.